Аутор Тема: LM Genetics K36 report maps and diagrams of four Greeks  (Прочитано 2989 пута)

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
  • Поруке: 140
LM Genetics K36 report maps and diagrams of four Greeks
« послато: Јул 09, 2018, 08:14:55 пре подне »
Dobro jutro,

Since some of you might have read  the other threads highlighting my family's ancestry, I thought it might be interesting to show you our K36 report maps etc. so that you connect those to the information about our ancestry.
I will also show you for the sake of comparison the K36 map only (he didn't do the complete analysis) of an individual who comes from one of the slavophone towns of (Greek) Macedonia. Both of his parents come from the same town and the speak Slavic too.
Just to quickly refresh my background for those who didn't read any of the previous threads:
My mother's family comes from a village near Ioannina. It is called Ekklisohori (until1928) it was called Tserkovista/Tsarkovista. Historically it had been a Vajunite settlement. Our roots include Vlach and Arvanite ancestry. Still until today some words in the local dialect are of Slavic origin and the unofficial women's surnames that are used in the village end in -ova.
My father comes from two islands, Kea and Kephalonia. He has a more Mediterranean (Greek Islander/Italian) profile in general but judging from all different kinds of ethnicity estimates and analysis he must have a more limited Arvanite and even some Slavic admixture too. Kephalonia had a considerable number of Arvanite inhabitants as well as Kea it seems. Also in Kephalonia at least there are a few Slavic toponyms.

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
Одг: LM Genetics K36 report maps and diagrams of four Greeks
« Одговор #1 послато: Јул 09, 2018, 08:28:48 пре подне »
I thought it would be easier for me to attach images... :-) still trying to figure it out...

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
« Одговор #2 послато: Јул 09, 2018, 08:56:07 пре подне »
Guys, sorry impossible to load...they are screenshots :-(

Ван мреже Ojler

• Члан Управног одбора
  • Бели орао
  • Поруке: 5267
  • Y-DNK: I2-Y3120 Z17855>PH3414 Мириловићи
« Одговор #3 послато: Јул 09, 2018, 09:02:00 пре подне »
I thought it would be easier for me to attach images... :-) still trying to figure it out...

The forum does nos support file attachments. You should upload image on an external server (e.g. imgur.com or postimages.org) and then share it via link here.
Kамене рабъ и госодинъ

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
« Одговор #4 послато: Јул 09, 2018, 09:40:38 пре подне »
Ok, thank you very much!

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
« Одговор #5 послато: Јул 09, 2018, 10:38:11 пре подне »
My father who is called Yannis (Kefalonia and Kea)

« Последња измена: Јул 09, 2018, 12:19:33 поподне НиколаВук »

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
« Одговор #6 послато: Јул 09, 2018, 10:40:05 пре подне »
My mother who is called loanna (Tserkovista-Epirus)

« Последња измена: Јул 09, 2018, 12:20:42 поподне НиколаВук »

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
« Одговор #7 послато: Јул 09, 2018, 10:40:56 пре подне »
Myself (Alexandra)

« Последња измена: Јул 09, 2018, 12:22:09 поподне НиколаВук »

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
« Одговор #8 послато: Јул 09, 2018, 10:41:59 пре подне »
My husband (Massimo who comes from Sicily and Marche, Italy)

« Последња измена: Јул 09, 2018, 12:23:20 поподне НиколаВук »

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
« Одговор #9 послато: Јул 09, 2018, 10:43:12 пре подне »
An individual I know who comes from Greek Macedonia from a slavophone town (both parents)

« Последња измена: Јул 09, 2018, 12:23:57 поподне НиколаВук »

Ван мреже Kor

• Члан Друштва
  • Истраживач
  • Поруке: 1000
  • реверзни инжињеринг историје
« Одговор #10 послато: Јул 09, 2018, 06:41:21 поподне »
Completely expected results, I'd say :)

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
« Одговор #11 послато: Јул 09, 2018, 07:08:11 поподне »
Before I ever tested I imagined my results to be very "Greek" and at least a bit "Turkish" due to historical reasons. I had never before imagined having such a strong Balkan  identity (in a funny way my Italian husband is more "Greek" as in islander Greek than me and my mom. However, since then I have read a lot of stuff and I have understood the real picture much better. Not exactly what one learns at school. I seriously always felt Balkan inside (more than Mediterranean), also because of the heritage of Epirus who has a more "Balkan" color and identity to it.
Also, I find it a bit strange that my results resemble more those of my mom than my dad's. Of course you see his influence but still I seem to be much closer to my mother's profile.
According to Lukasz's reports at least, it seems that I personally have even an enhanced Albanian element maybe through a combination of my parents (I have realized that even as an islander my father must have some Arvanite and even some Slavic admixture - judging from his various ethnicity estimates and DNA relatives).
Another surprise is how my "foreign" Italian husband "beats us all" on his Greek Islander profile. We make jokes about it :-)
The man from slavophone Greek Macedonia was also surprising for me at first.

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
« Одговор #12 послато: Јул 09, 2018, 07:15:21 поподне »
I always knew about my partial Vlach and Avanite ancestries from the side of my mom but here in Greece the dominant idea is that both populations are ethnically Greeks. So now at least I am personally convinced that they are not. As far as the Slavic (Arvanite and Vlach) toponyms are concerned, most people pretend that it cannot mean something really.

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
« Одговор #13 послато: Јул 09, 2018, 07:32:37 поподне »
 Not to even mention that our "mainland Greek" identity is already a mixture of Romioi, Arvanites, Vlachs and to some degree, Slavs. This realization can be quite eye-opening to a Greek. Many of course just refuse the idea. Anyways, it was quite a surprise in the beginning :-)