Дискусије на страним језицима > English language subforum

Question about Serbian language

<< < (7/7)

Миодраг:

--- Цитат: Ojler  Август 24, 2020, 12:07:39 поподне ---Some Serbs in Croatia also had name Pavao, even it is common for Croatians. Rarely, but it happened in the past.
--- Крај цитата ---

Indeed my great-great-great-great-grandfather in Brusnik, Eastern Serbia was written in a Serbian tax book at the beginning of the XIX century as "Pavao" in Church-Slavonic Cyrillic. He was born before 1834, so I do not have his birth register excerpt, but that is how he is written down in a tax book.

Of course, the scribe could have come to Miloš Obrenović's autonomous Ottoman province of Serbia from Vojvodstvo of Serbs and Timis Banat or from Szlavonia, both in Austria at the time, and used a form he learned at a priests' seminary there and thought was more accurate.

Предраг Гојковић:
I am Serb from Croatia. I don't know one Serb from Croatia whose name is Pavao , Ivan , Ivica, Tomislav, Zvonimir. In Croatia it's impossible. In Serbia strangely , but it's possible.
In Croatia names of Serbs , Pavle , Jovan , Jovica. Tomislav and Zvonimir 0% of possibility.

НиколаВук:

--- Цитат: Ojler  Август 24, 2020, 09:30:55 пре подне ---I don't think so. This is exactly what I mean when I said that male name Rade can be in genitive case Rade. Same goes for Dane. Nobody in Krajina or central and western Herzegovina will use form Dana or Daneta.

It depends mostly of the location, not so much about the year of publishing. In Karlovac, genitive case of male name Dane will be Dane, for sure.

--- Крај цитата ---

This is entirely new to me, but Број 1 confirmed it. This is the first time I encountered the case of identical nominative and genitive and it's very strange. My ears are definitely not used to it.  :)

Ojler:

--- Цитат: НиколаВук  Август 24, 2020, 05:38:02 поподне ---This is entirely new to me, but Број 1 confirmed it. This is the first time I encountered the case of identical nominative and genitive and it's very strange. My ears are definitely not used to it.  :)

--- Крај цитата ---

Impossible :). You know that dialect, I'm sure. For example, in Krajina, everybody will say "Добио сам књигу од Миле" but not "од Мила" or "од Милета". Same goes for Rade, Dane, Mane and similar names.

Панић:

--- Цитат: Ojler  Август 24, 2020, 06:05:41 поподне ---Impossible :). You know that dialect, I'm sure. For example, in Krajina, everybody will say "Добио сам књигу од Миле" but not "од Мила" or "од Милета". Same goes for Rade, Dane, Mane and similar names.

--- Крај цитата ---
Exactly, if you remember "Magareće godine" by Branko Ćopić, you know that Ćopić wrote "Mile" both in Nominative and Genitive, for example:
"Због нашег дружељубља, срдачности и увијек доброг расположења, уживали смо пуну заштиту Миле Шкорића и најбољих ђака из виших разреда."
 :)

Навигација

[0] Индекс порука

[*] Претходна страна

Иди на пуну верзију