Дискусије на страним језицима > English language subforum

Question about Serbian language

(1/7) > >>

Michelle Batalo Mills:
Hi! 
I know the Serbian language is difficult to learn (especially if not in a home environment or educational setting.)  So I realize my inquiry may not be able to answered fully in a forum.

Why do names (both people and places) have various endings/forms?
Example:  BATALO Dukana  .......  Mrzlom Polju

Why is there an A at the end of his name?   
Why are the letters changed at the end of Mrzlo Polje?

Thanks!

пек:
Declination like in Latin.

Панић:
Yes, search for grammatical cases in Serbian. It is not easy, but it is not too complicated as well :)

https://fastlanguagemastery.com/learn-foreign-languages/serbian-language/introduction-to-serbian-cases/

When you search for names or places in our digital library, better add * so that the search includes different endings :)

Amicus:

--- Цитат: Michelle Batalo Mills  Август 23, 2020, 03:50:54 пре подне ---Hi! 
I know the Serbian language is difficult to learn (especially if not in a home environment or educational setting.)  So I realize my inquiry may not be able to answered fully in a forum.

Why do names (both people and places) have various endings/forms?
Example:  BATALO Dukana  .......  Mrzlom Polju

Why is there an A at the end of his name?   
Why are the letters changed at the end of Mrzlo Polje?

Thanks!

--- Крај цитата ---

I hope soon, there will be at least one book for learning Serbian on English in Digital Library, and some of earlier mentioned books on English that we're preparing also have short guides in Serbian.

Amicus:

--- Цитат: milpan  Август 23, 2020, 09:35:30 пре подне ---When you search for names or places in our digital library, better add * so that the search includes different endings :)

--- Крај цитата ---

I use it almost always, because the software sometimes makes a mistake adding some punctuation mark on the end of the word, usually it is the apostrophe character. If that is the case, the searching term will not be recognized, if you don't put an asterisk (*).

Навигација

[0] Индекс порука

[#] Следећа страна

Иди на пуну верзију