Аутор Тема: Understanding the format of the list of victims from WW2  (Прочитано 1207 пута)

Ван мреже Michelle Batalo Mills

• Члан Друштва
  • Шегрт
  • Поруке: 98
Understanding the format of the list of victims from WW2
« послато: Август 15, 2020, 09:34:21 поподне »
Hello friends.
I would like to confirm that I am understanding this correctly.
The cut and paste from below is an entry.  Can you verify for me what it all means?

Gornje Primišlje  Where the person was FROM?
Batalo last name (Dragić) father's name? Milka person who died name, rođena 1933 year of birth. Srpkinja nationality, ubijena od ustaša how the person died 1941 year they died. u masovnom pokolju additional information as to how they died, Mrzlo Polje PLACE where they died(2249035083)
what does this number mean?

Thank you for your help.  I am most interested in how to determine where the person was from versus the location in which they died.  I believe their origin is how they are grouped.

Ван мреже Amicus

• Уредник
  • Бели орао
  • Поруке: 9508
  • I1 P109 FGC22045
    • Порекло.рс
Одг: Understanding the format of the list of victims from WW2
« Одговор #1 послато: Август 15, 2020, 10:13:42 поподне »
Hello friends.
I would like to confirm that I am understanding this correctly.
The cut and paste from below is an entry.  Can you verify for me what it all means?

Gornje Primišlje  Where the person was FROM?
Batalo last name (Dragić) father's name? Milka person who died name, rođena 1933 year of birth. Srpkinja nationality, ubijena od ustaša how the person died 1941 year they died. u masovnom pokolju additional information as to how they died, Mrzlo Polje PLACE where they died(2249035083)
what does this number mean?

Thank you for your help.  I am most interested in how to determine where the person was from versus the location in which they died.  I believe their origin is how they are grouped.

Everything is correct! :)

The number should be the number of the file (each victim has its own file in the archive).

For the place of origin of the victim, it is always shown on the top of the list, which are alphabetically arranged.

On each page, like here, on the top-left you have the name of settlement, and on the top-right you have the name of municipality.

In the titles, here in the first column, you have the name of municipality and the name of settlement, under which you have the list of victims (civilians and members of People's Liberation Army of Yugoslavia).

Ван мреже Michelle Batalo Mills

• Члан Друштва
  • Шегрт
  • Поруке: 98
« Одговор #2 послато: Август 15, 2020, 10:23:03 поподне »
Thank you!  I am getting more proficient at using the library resources.  They truly are a treasure and a wealth of information.

Ван мреже Amicus

• Уредник
  • Бели орао
  • Поруке: 9508
  • I1 P109 FGC22045
    • Порекло.рс
« Одговор #3 послато: Август 15, 2020, 10:30:12 поподне »
Thank you!  I am getting more proficient at using the library resources.  They truly are a treasure and a wealth of information.

You're welcome, Michelle!

I'm very happy to hear that. :)