Аутор Тема: Investigating the historical Slavic presence in our area in Ioannina, Greece  (Прочитано 17596 пута)

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
  • Поруке: 140
Одг: Investigating the historical Slavic presence in our area in Ioannina, Greece
« Одговор #60 послато: Јул 15, 2018, 10:13:49 поподне »
In another source the origin of the word is mentioned as Turkish and still in another as ancient Greek (siagona--- tsagouni in Northern Greek dialect and probably also other localisms such as tsagoula, tsaouli etc.). The last one does sound probable. Anyways, confusing case :-) Thanks again for your help, Ojler!

Ван мреже Ojler

• Члан Управног одбора
  • Бели орао
  • Поруке: 5267
  • Y-DNK: I2-Y3120 Z17855>PH3414 Мириловићи
Одг: Investigating the historical Slavic presence in our area in Ioannina, Greece
« Одговор #61 послато: Јул 15, 2018, 10:37:31 поподне »
I am sorry I noticed that I spelled your name wrong twice...it's Ojler! Sorry... :-[ :)

No worries  ;) Anyhow, this is not my real name...
Kамене рабъ и госодинъ

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
« Одговор #62 послато: Јул 15, 2018, 10:46:05 поподне »
Hey! Ok! :-) Laku noć!

Ван мреже Ojler

• Члан Управног одбора
  • Бели орао
  • Поруке: 5267
  • Y-DNK: I2-Y3120 Z17855>PH3414 Мириловићи
« Одговор #63 послато: Јул 15, 2018, 11:00:14 поподне »
Hey! Ok! :-) Laku noć!

Καληνύχτα και χαιρετισμούς από τη Χαλκιδική  ;)!
Kамене рабъ и госодинъ

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
« Одговор #64 послато: Јул 16, 2018, 12:26:11 пре подне »
Είσαι στην Χαλκιδική; Μιλάς τέλεια Ελληνικά! :-) Να περάσετε όμορφα!!! Χαιρετισμούς από Αλεποχώρι! :-)

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
« Одговор #65 послато: Август 10, 2018, 09:05:49 пре подне »
Today I woke up with the inspiration ;-) to look for "Kurent, ime" on Google, since yesterday I learned the word "ime" ;-P
So, below are the results from the Google search. I also the read the English translation by Google so I know more or less what it all means. '
I keep on believing that the direct connection to Slovenia would be a little improbable, as we saw. So, was the male name "Kurent" possibly much more widespread among all/various early Slavs (incl. maybe Sklaveni such as the Vajunites)? I mean, maybe in the Middle Ages it was not yet mostly linked to Slovenia but to other Slavic tribes/cultures of the area as well. Interesting how as a male name it also contains the meaning of "settling down"/ "settling". According to the source I cited earlier, Kurent must have been the name of the Slavic Zupan who had settled in the area. Also, interesting how as a mythological figure Kurent is compared to Dionysus, that's what I had thought from the beginning.

Za druge pomene glej Kurent (razločitev).
Kurent je moško osebno ime

Kurent
Osebno ime

Spol   moški
Wikipedijski članki   Vsi članki, ki se pričnejo z Kurent
Izvor imena   Uredi
Ime Kurent[1] izvira iz imena Pust. Na Slovenskem ima ime Pust še eno ime, in sicer Kúrent na vzhodnem Štajerskem in Notranjskem Korant, V Prekmurju Korent, Koret, v Solkanu na PrimorskemKore, v rodilniku Koreta, na Gorenjskem sveti Korant.

Kurent je danes pojmovan kot dediščina prastarega kulta, podobno kot so imeli stari Grki boga Dioniza. Ker so v davnini praznovali novo leto 1. marca, to je s pričetkom pomladi, Kurent ni bil samo zavetnik neomejenega veselja, ampak tudi znanilec in pobudnik novega življenja, ki ga prinaša pomlad.

Izvor poimenovanja Kurent povezuje jezikoslovecFrance Bezlaj z glagoli ukiriti se »nastaniti, namestiti, ugnezditi se«, s slovenskim in srbohrvaškim ukrcati se in z izgubljenim pomenom glagola kuriti »ustvariti, snovati, graditi«. Slovensko Kurent verjetno izhaja iz deležnika kurent v pomenu »ustvarjajoč«

Pogostost imena   Uredi
Po podatkih SURS-a je bilo na dan 31. decembra2007 v Sloveniji manj kot pet oseb s tem imenom ali pa to ime sploh ni bilo uporabljeno.[2]

Glej tudi   Uredi
seznam osebnih imen na K
Viri   Uredi
^ Keber Janez, Leksikon imen (COBISS)
^ Kurent v Bazi rojstnih imen in priimkov Statističnega urada Republike Slovenije

Kurent (razločitev)

Razločitvena stran Wikimedije
Kurent je lahko:

kurent, pustna maska
Kurent, bajeslovno bitje pri Slovanih
Kurent, osebno ime
Kurent, priimek več ljudi v Sloveniji
Ta razločitvena stran vsebuje seznam člankov, ki bi sicer imeli enako ime.
Če vas je sem pripeljala notranja povezava, jo lahko popravite tako, da bo usmerjena na pomensko ustrezno stran

Do you have any thoughts about it? Thank you

Ван мреже НиколаВук

• Уредник
  • Бели орао
  • Поруке: 8478
  • I2-PH908>Y250780>A32852, род Никшића
« Одговор #66 послато: Август 10, 2018, 12:29:40 поподне »
Slovene language is not very intelligible with Serbian, I barely understand the half of this text that you copied.  :) But maybe that's just me.  ;)
Чињеницама против самоувереног незнања.

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
« Одговор #67 послато: Август 10, 2018, 12:49:03 поподне »
A, ok! ;-) Sorry! :-)

The translation by google:

Kurent (name)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For other meanings, see Kurent (discernment) .
Kurent
Personal name

Sex   men
Wikipedia articles   All articles starting with Kurent
Kurent is a man's personal name

Content
1   Name source
2   Frequency of name
3   See also
4   Resources
Source of name
The name Kurent [1] derives from the name Pust . In Slovenia, the name Pust has another name: Kúrent in eastern Styria and Notranjska Korant , in Prekmurje Korent , Koret , in Solkan, in Primorska Kore , in the parent of Koret , in the Gorenjska region Sveti Korant .

Kurent is today regarded as the heritage of an ancient cult, just as the ancient Greek god Dionysus had . Since the New Year was celebrated on the 1st of March , this is the beginning of spring , Kurent was not only a patron of unlimited joy, but also a celebrity and the initiator of a new life brought by spring.

The source of the naming Kurent connects linguist France Bezlaj with verbs to "settle down, settle, nest", embark on the Slovene and Serbo-Croatian ones, and burn the meaning of the verb "to create, to create, to build" with the lost meaning of the verb . Slovenian Kurent probably derived from stakeholder kurent in the sense of "creating"

Frequency of name
According to SORS data , as of December 31, 2007 there were less than five persons in Slovenia with this name, or it was not used at all. [2]

See also
list of personal names in K
Resources
 Keber Janez, Lexicon Names ( COBISS )
 Kurentin the database of births and surnames of theStatistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia
Category :Men's personal names

« Последња измена: Август 10, 2018, 12:51:18 поподне Alexandra_K »

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
« Одговор #68 послато: Август 10, 2018, 12:50:32 поподне »
Kurent (distinction)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kurent can be:

kurent , carnival mask
Kurent , a fabulous creature among the Slavs
Kurent , a personal name
Kurent , the surname of several people in Slovenia
Disconnect icon   This split page contains a list of articles that would otherwise have the same name.
If an internal link has been brought to you, you can correct it by focusing on the relevant site.
Category :Discrepancies

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
« Одговор #69 послато: Август 12, 2018, 04:34:41 поподне »
Some other words of Slavic origin from the vocabulary of Epirus :-) (I remember my grandparents using quite a few of them if not all):

(ο)βίρα και βίραγγα=μικρή βαθιά λιμνούλα που σχηματίζεται σε ποτάμι ή ρέμα
γλίνα=λάσπη
γκόλιος=γυμνός
γράβος=είδος βελανιδιάς
γράβαλος/γραβάλι=τσουγκράνα
γρίβας=γκρίζο (άλογο συνήθως)
γρούδα=βώλος/μικρός σε όγκο, μαζεμένος
ζακόνι=συνήθεια
ζαλιάρα (μόνο θηλ.)/ζαλιάρικο=αυτή/αυτό που προκαλει θλίψη και πόνο
ζαντούχα=κουφόβραση/ασφυξία
ζάρκος=γυμνός
ζελενιά=είδος θάμνου
ζιάμπα=μεγάλος σιχαμερός βάτραχος, φρύνος
κασάρι=κλαδευτήρι
κόρα=φλούδα, κρούστα
κόσα=κοτσίδα μαλλιών
κούσιαλο=πολύ γέρος
λ(ε)σιά=πρόχειρη πόρτα σε περίφραξη
μαλέτσκος=άνηβος, μικρός
μαντραβίτσα=μυρμηγκιά
μαρκάλος=η εποχή που ερωτεύονται τα πρόβατα, που μαρκαλιούνται 🙂
ματσί=γατί
μόλτσα=σκώρος
μούργκας=μαύρος
μ(ου)σίτσα=ζωύφιο που τρώει τα σπαρτά
μούτα=σκοτεινά, θολά
μουχρίτσα=ζιζάνιο (φυτό)
μπάστινα=η περιουσία/έκταση αρόσιμων γαιών
μπέλος=άσπρος
μπέμπελη=ιλαρά
μπίμτσα=υπόγειο κελάρι, κρυψώνα
μπιστούρα=σπηλιά
μπούχαβος=κιτρινιάρης, χλωμός, ασθενικός
νταγκλαράς=ψηλός
παγάνα=ενέδρα κυνηγετική
παπάρα=υγρό φαγητό στο οποίο ρίχνουμε ψωμί
πρατσάλος=όταν ερωτεύονται τα γίδια
προβοδώ/ξεπροβοδώ=πανελλήνιο, αλλά όχι από την αρχαία ελληνική
(α)ρέντα=τρεχάλα
ρέντζελο=κουρέλι
ρογκάτσικο=ζώο που δεν πέτυχε καλά ο ευνουχισμός (!)
ρουγκαΐζομαι=ρεύομαι
(παλιο)ρούτι=κουρέλι
σερσένι=είδος μεγάλης σφήκας
σίβος=γκρίζος
σίτα=κόσκινο
σιούλι=το μικρότερο κομμάτι πράγματος, τρίμμα
σκεντάω=ενοχλώ
σκλέντζας=πολύ λεπτός άνθρωπος (αρχικά το ξυλαράκι, το κλαδάκι)
σοκόλι=τσογλάνι, πρόστυχος
στάλος=θέση ανάπαυσης των ζώων (και ρήμα σταλίζω)
στάνη=ποιμνιοστάσιο
στρέκλα=αλογόμυγα
τάτας=πατέρας
τελέσα/-σω=άσεμνη γυναίκα
τορός=ίχνος
τσαντίλα=πλεχτή σακούλα όπου στραγγίζουν το τυρί
τσόπνα=παγίδα για πουλιά
τεντελίνα=είδος αρωματικού φυτού
χλεπούνια=τα σπόρια του αγγουριού (αρχικά όλο το αγγούρι)

Ван мреже НиколаВук

• Уредник
  • Бели орао
« Одговор #70 послато: Август 12, 2018, 06:47:42 поподне »
Yes, I've recognized many Slavic words in this list, but there are also many that make no sense to me.  :) They're probably dialectisms. I've even recognized one Eastern Romance (Vlach) loanword, μούργκας, that also has parallels in Albanian.

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
« Одговор #71 послато: Август 12, 2018, 09:06:54 поподне »
Thank you, Nikola! :-) My grandmother used μούργκα also as a word which describes the dark sediment in olive oil. Do you know others that use it in this way too?
Laku noć!

Ван мреже НиколаВук

• Уредник
  • Бели орао
« Одговор #72 послато: Август 12, 2018, 09:17:58 поподне »
Thank you, Nikola! :-) My grandmother used μούργκα also as a word which describes the dark sediment in olive oil. Do you know others that use it in this way too?
Laku noć!

Unfortunately, I don't. I'm not really an expert in olive farming and olive pressing.  :)

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
« Одговор #73 послато: Август 12, 2018, 09:54:17 поподне »
Hehe, thank you very much!  ;D

Ван мреже Karadag

• Почетник
  • Поруке: 50
« Одговор #74 послато: Август 13, 2018, 04:33:47 пре подне »
Kurent is defined in the Croatian Language Portal (HJP) as follows:

1, (mythological) In Slavic mythology, a being whose face looms toward the Moon(?) - orig. u slavenskoj mitologiji biće čije se lice nazire na mjesecu
- if someone has a better translation for "lice nazire na mjesecu", please bring forward. The word mjesec with lowercase m means month, with uppercase m means Moon. It just seems an even odder translation when translated as "whose face looms in the month" Nazirati explained at HJP: http://hjp.znanje.hr/index.php?show=search_by_id&id=eF9lURg%3D&keyword=nazirati

2, (kurent, usually in plural, ethnological) Stylized makeup, for example in sheep's skin (sheepskin?) etc., in Prekmurje and Međimurje

Source: http://hjp.znanje.hr/index.php?show=search_by_id&id=elduWRQ%3D&keyword=Kurent

Prekmurje and Međimurje are regions that border each other on the Mura river, former in northeastern Slovenia and latter in northern Croatia. The population speaks Slovene in the Slovenian territory and Kajkavian in Croatian. Both Slovene and Kajkavian are very similar to each other, Kajkavian being a transitional dialect between Slovene and Croatian.

It seems that Kurent was a figure in old Slavic mythology that has remained in the psyche of the Slovenes and Kajkavian speakers in northern Croatia.

Slovenia has a festival known as Kurentovanje, which is reminiscent of both definitions of Kurent identified above. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurentovanje

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
« Одговор #75 послато: Август 13, 2018, 11:15:38 поподне »
Hello Karadag,

Thank you! So you too think that it could have been a figure in old Slavic mythology in general which still survives just in Slovenia and this part of Croatia today. Except for the mythical figure it seems to be also a (nowadays rare) male name, right? Because according to the info I have found, the village Kourenta and the area/group of villages Kourenta were named like this because of the name of the first settler , the Slavic Zupan, named Kurent. So if the mythological figure and the male name Kurent were shared by most Old Slavs and not only by the Slovenes and these Northern Croatians, then this could fit in the above explanation.

By the way at this moment I am in Tsarkovista and I visited the village Kourenta as well a few hours ago ;-) Many greetings from Kurent's ancient home! ;-)
« Последња измена: Август 13, 2018, 11:17:33 поподне Alexandra_K »

Ван мреже Alexandra_K

• Помоћник
« Одговор #76 послато: Октобар 01, 2018, 10:45:01 поподне »
Today as I was speaking to my Italian husband, I spontaneously uttered one of our dialect's words that of course, poor guy, he didn't understand...:-) The word "zavrakiasmenos" that my grandmother would use for "wrinkled" and metaphorically "underdeveloped (physically)" or "miserable (in appearance and attitude)". I decided to look up its etymology...and there you go, it has a Serbian root ;-) Zabor= wrinkle, crease + Greek ending -aki (diminutive, see "souvlaki" :-P) --> zavraki --> zavrakiasmenos (the one who is wrinkled, shrunk etc.)