Аутор Тема: Serbian DNA Project  (Прочитано 3004 пута)

Ван мреже Gary.b

• Члан Друштва
  • Помоћник
  • Поруке: 124
Serbian DNA Project
« послато: Јануар 25, 2020, 10:24:28 поподне »
Just wondering if I have access to dnk.poreklo.rs members
Y DNA I-Y50461  Big 700
mtDNA H2a2b1a*

Ван мреже Amicus

• Уредник
  • Бели орао
  • Поруке: 9508
  • I1 P109 FGC22045
    • Порекло.рс
Одг: Serbian DNA Project
« Одговор #1 послато: Јануар 25, 2020, 10:48:37 поподне »
Just wondering if I have access to dnk.poreklo.rs members

Full Access to dnk.poreklo.rs have members of the Society of Serbian Genealogists "Poreklo".

Year membership costs 30,00 €. It can be payed with PayPal (address: [email protected]).

Ван мреже Gary.b

• Члан Друштва
  • Помоћник
« Одговор #2 послато: Јануар 25, 2020, 11:32:44 поподне »
You've sent €30.00 EUR to [email protected]
Gary.b
yf3935
Y DNA I-Y50461  Big 700
mtDNA H2a2b1a*

Ван мреже Michelle Batalo Mills

• Члан Друштва
  • Шегрт
  • Поруке: 98
« Одговор #3 послато: Април 20, 2020, 02:52:27 пре подне »
Full Access to dnk.poreklo.rs have members of the Society of Serbian Genealogists "Poreklo".

Year membership costs 30,00 €. It can be payed with PayPal (address: [email protected]).

I recently uploaded my results and my father's results to ftdna.  My father's is still processing.  That is my preferred DNA to associate with this project as my mother has at least 3 different ethnicity originis..none of which are Serbian.   I had previously applied to be a part of the Serbian DNA project and was accepted.  I send a request for my father's uploaded DNA to be included.  I am happy to pay the donation if he is accepted.  I don't totally understand the operations of ftdna or the project.  My experience is limited to ancestry.com where I have built out my family tree and see the DNA matches and try to build their family tree in hopes one day I can have them intersect.  Would the donation/membership allow me to have a connection to people that are trying to map out their Serbian origins?  (Please forgive me if I have made any assumptions...I am American and am a novice when it comes to my Serbian heritage. )

Ван мреже Amicus

• Уредник
  • Бели орао
  • I1 P109 FGC22045
    • Порекло.рс
« Одговор #4 послато: Април 20, 2020, 11:52:16 пре подне »
I recently uploaded my results and my father's results to ftdna.  My father's is still processing.  That is my preferred DNA to associate with this project as my mother has at least 3 different ethnicity originis..none of which are Serbian.   I had previously applied to be a part of the Serbian DNA project and was accepted.  I send a request for my father's uploaded DNA to be included.  I am happy to pay the donation if he is accepted.  I don't totally understand the operations of ftdna or the project.  My experience is limited to ancestry.com where I have built out my family tree and see the DNA matches and try to build their family tree in hopes one day I can have them intersect.  Would the donation/membership allow me to have a connection to people that are trying to map out their Serbian origins?  (Please forgive me if I have made any assumptions...I am American and am a novice when it comes to my Serbian heritage. )

As I understood, your fathers results are from FamilyFinder test?

In our Serbian DNA project and Serbian DNA project Group on FTDNA we usually research Y-DNA results.

Maybe someone of administrators of SDNAP on FTDNA know more about that how and does FamilyFinder work on FTDNA Groups?

If you have your fathers Y-DNA results, than your could compare them with others in our data base.

We have discussions on Forum Poreklo about FamilyFinder results as well, but for now they are not included on Serbian DNA project site.

On Serbian DNA project you can search (in Cyrillic) only Y-DNA results (for free or as Member):

Serbian DNA project (free access)

In Search Bar you have categories Surname, Saint-Patron, Region and Haplogroup.

And in the Results you can see Surname, Saint-Patron, Region, Place of origin and Haplogroup of tested (Marker values could be seen only by Members).

You can do that as well on Serbian DNA project Group on FTDNA:

Serbian DNA project on FTDNA

SDNAP group on FTDNA is in English.

Ван мреже Michelle Batalo Mills

• Члан Друштва
  • Шегрт
  • Поруке: 98
« Одговор #5 послато: Април 20, 2020, 04:19:36 поподне »
As I understood, your fathers results are from FamilyFinder test?

In our Serbian DNA project and Serbian DNA project Group on FTDNA we usually research Y-DNA results.

Maybe someone of administrators of SDNAP on FTDNA know more about that how and does FamilyFinder work on FTDNA Groups?

If you have your fathers Y-DNA results, than your could compare them with others in our data base.

We have discussions on Forum Poreklo about FamilyFinder results as well, but for now they are not included on Serbian DNA project site.

On Serbian DNA project you can search (in Cyrillic) only Y-DNA results (for free or as Member):

Serbian DNA project (free access)

In Search Bar you have categories Surname, Saint-Patron, Region and Haplogroup.

And in the Results you can see Surname, Saint-Patron, Region, Place of origin and Haplogroup of tested (Marker values could be seen only by Members).

You can do that as well on Serbian DNA project Group on FTDNA:

Serbian DNA project on FTDNA

SDNAP group on FTDNA is in English.

Oh my father's DNA was from ancestry.com and did not have the Y test.  I had to arm twist him to take that test so it is unlikely I would get him to take another.  However....I have a brother!  So I will see if I can get him to take the Y test.  Thank you for your help.

Ван мреже Atlantische

• Уредник СДНКП
  • Памтиша
  • Поруке: 1938
  • G2a-FT221531
« Одговор #6 послато: Април 20, 2020, 04:29:49 поподне »
Oh my father's DNA was from ancestry.com and did not have the Y test.  I had to arm twist him to take that test so it is unlikely I would get him to take another.  However....I have a brother!  So I will see if I can get him to take the Y test.  Thank you for your help.
You can find out what is your dad Y-DNA haplogrup by posting his data to MorleyDNa Y-DNA Predictor. That website's algoritm's gives terminal Y-DNA haplogroup SNP based on data from companies like Ancestry, which doesn't gives you Y-DNA haplogroup but in data that they gives you there are segments which can be used for determining Y-DNA haplogroup. Of course, in most cases it's about old branch that site's algoritm can determine, but it's always interesting to find out. For more informations there are STR tests with which you can compare STR marker values with thousands of people in Serbian DNA Project base and other World bases.
« Последња измена: Април 20, 2020, 04:36:23 поподне Atlantische »
''Заведени светским чудима, заборависмо на себе и на своје порекло." - М. Капор

Ван мреже Amicus

• Уредник
  • Бели орао
  • I1 P109 FGC22045
    • Порекло.рс
« Одговор #7 послато: Април 20, 2020, 04:39:42 поподне »

That would be of help. :)

You have these days lower prices for DNA Day (April 25).

Ван мреже Gary.b

• Члан Друштва
  • Помоћник
« Одговор #8 послато: Април 24, 2020, 10:34:21 поподне »
Hello.
Thank you for 2nd order.
Bam bigy700_7096-e3f90671-2c60-40a6-a022-0cd9c8f6829c.bam has been downloaded and verified.
ID: YF73235

Analysis will be batched. Notification for payment will be sent after completion of the interpretation.

version: BigY700 (Hg38)
Y DNA I-Y50461  Big 700
mtDNA H2a2b1a*