Аутор Тема: English only speaking Serbian American here - question please  (Прочитано 2905 пута)

Ван мреже Michelle Batalo Mills

• Члан Друштва
  • Шегрт
  • Поруке: 98
English only speaking Serbian American here - question please
« послато: Март 24, 2020, 10:57:55 поподне »
Thank you for allowing me to join this message board.  I am very eager to learn more about the area my ancestors were from, more about their relationships and more about serbians in general.
I use google translate to read the boards.  Do I need to type in English and then translate to Cyrillic in order to post?  Thank you.  Michelle

Ван мреже Amicus

• Уредник
  • Бели орао
  • Поруке: 9508
  • I1 P109 FGC22045
    • Порекло.рс
Одг: English only speaking Serbian American here - question please
« Одговор #1 послато: Март 24, 2020, 11:43:50 поподне »
Dear Michelle, welcome to our Forum! :)

I suggest you to write in English, or both, in translation and English, so we could be sure what are you searching for. ;)

The main question that we were researching was to find Church records for Mrzlo Polje, which belonged to Parish of Močila (according to Shematism of Serbian Metropolitanate of Karlovci from 1905, which was published in 1910).

I tried to find these records on FamilySearch.org, but without results (there isn't parish of Močila on the list). Maybe the both, Mrzlo Polje and Močila were part of some other parish in the 19th century, but that could know someone of members that know better this region.

Ван мреже Uzi

• Уредник СДНКП
  • Памтиша
  • Поруке: 1645
  • N2-P189.2>FT182494>FGC28435
« Одговор #2 послато: Март 25, 2020, 01:25:17 пре подне »
For parohija Močila, which Mrzlo Polje was part of, I can only find record from 1900 onward.

• Члан Друштва
  • Шегрт
« Одговор #3 послато: Април 01, 2020, 03:33:49 пре подне »
For parohija Močila, which Mrzlo Polje was part of, I can only find record from 1900 onward.

Thank you.  Are they all hand written entries? 

Ван мреже Amicus

• Уредник
  • Бели орао
  • Поруке: 9508
  • I1 P109 FGC22045
    • Порекло.рс
« Одговор #4 послато: Мај 14, 2020, 09:53:25 пре подне »

They are probably transcribed for state services, but for that format of "research" you need to go to the state register office. If you are a direct descent of people you are searching for, they will give you all the information that they have. For online research, I think the only way is reading the original records.

Ван мреже Uzi

• Уредник СДНКП
  • Памтиша
« Одговор #5 послато: Мај 14, 2020, 02:05:37 поподне »

Sorry Michelle, I've only seen your message now.

Yes, they are hand written entries. I had a quick look and couldn't find any records of Batalo from Mrzlo Polje, although there are some in Zbjeg. Are you a member of Poreklo i.e. can you access the locked section of Poreklo forum? I can post some of the pages from state records, that could be of interest to you, on there. Although I don't have much or any records for parohija Primislje, as I never researched surnames there, but for parohija Mocila I'm quite well covered for years 1900-1939.

• Члан Друштва
  • Шегрт
« Одговор #6 послато: Мај 14, 2020, 02:52:49 поподне »
Thank you for responding.  I am not currently a paid member.  I would have no issue joining as a paid member.  My DNA is limited because obviously it lacks the Y.  I am waiting on my brother's Y results from FTDNA. I can join now or when his results come in.  Whichever is recommended.
I have reviewed all of the american immigration documents of Batalo's and I do not see Zbjeg specified anywhere.  However, there doesn't seem to be a standard as to where the immigrants say they are from.  Some write broad areas such as Austria and some specify Mrzlo Polje or Primislje. 
I do see some Barac immigrants write Zbjeg on their immigration documents.  My GGmother Anica Barac married Pavle Batalo. 
I would be very grateful if you are able to look.

• Члан Друштва
  • Шегрт
« Одговор #7 послато: Мај 14, 2020, 02:58:45 поподне »
I guess my point was that maybe some Batalos that are in Zbjeg are my relatives but there is nothing OBVIOUS on the documents on ancestry that those Batalos immigrated here.  However...I would still love access to that information so I am happy to join to see.   :D

Ван мреже Uzi

• Уредник СДНКП
  • Памтиша
« Одговор #8 послато: Мај 14, 2020, 08:37:47 поподне »
Thank you for responding.  I am not currently a paid member.  I would have no issue joining as a paid member.  My DNA is limited because obviously it lacks the Y.  I am waiting on my brother's Y results from FTDNA. I can join now or when his results come in.  Whichever is recommended.
I have reviewed all of the american immigration documents of Batalo's and I do not see Zbjeg specified anywhere.  However, there doesn't seem to be a standard as to where the immigrants say they are from.  Some write broad areas such as Austria and some specify Mrzlo Polje or Primislje. 
I do see some Barac immigrants write Zbjeg on their immigration documents.  My GGmother Anica Barac married Pavle Batalo. 
I would be very grateful if you are able to look.

Don't think your DNA is limited if it lacks Y-DNA.  :)  Autosomal DNA is just as good for family research, actually its better if you are interested in all your lines, not just paternal. Poreklo and Serbian DNA project on FTDNA are separate entities. Membership on FTDNA project is free, and Poreklo has got small yearly membership. But you do get a lot out of Poreklo's membership, including access to restricted area of forum, where you can check all sort of things that are not in public domain yet. And you also get access to digital library, which has got many books that are helpful in family research.

Anyhow, let me know once you got access to restricted area on forum, and I'll post some staff for you.

Looking forward to your brothers Y-DNA results, as I think Batalo had not had their Y-DNA tested yet, so it will good to see your paternal deep ancestry.

Ван мреже Gary.b

• Члан Друштва
  • Помоћник
  • Поруке: 124
« Одговор #9 послато: Мај 14, 2020, 10:59:01 поподне »
 Hi Michelle,
I'm a paid member, It does have lots of reference material (digital) but in Serbian. I did join into there meeting this morning, was translated by Uzi, opening the meetings / forums / assistance to other then Serbian members. I too use Google Chrome for translating Serbian to English.
Gary_b
Y DNA I-Y50461  Big 700
mtDNA H2a2b1a*

• Члан Друштва
  • Шегрт
« Одговор #10 послато: Мај 19, 2020, 04:20:15 пре подне »
Hi Michelle,
I'm a paid member, It does have lots of reference material (digital) but in Serbian. I did join into there meeting this morning, was translated by Uzi, opening the meetings / forums / assistance to other then Serbian members. I too use Google Chrome for translating Serbian to English.
Gary_b

Thank you...I have joined the paid membership and will set up my account hopefully tomorrow.  I am really looking forward to learning more.

Ван мреже Uzi

• Уредник СДНКП
  • Памтиша
« Одговор #11 послато: Мај 19, 2020, 05:15:48 поподне »
Thank you...I have joined the paid membership and will set up my account hopefully tomorrow.  I am really looking forward to learning more.

Michelle, I've posted some of the images into a restricted area of forum for parohija Mocila, where Batalo are mentioned. There actually are some Batalo from Mrzo Polje, although not that many, so they might have moved there fairly recently. This could be resolved by checking Military Frontier census books.