Дискусије на страним језицима > English language subforum

Possibe Mladen Barac relative

<< < (4/5) > >>

Gary.b:
snp FGC22045 $39.00 ordered

abmunteanu:
You've made a good choice with the SNP. But don't think that the money spent on Y-111 was for nothing. Yes, it shows the same generic haplogroup as a much cheaper Y-37 test, but you can see the Y-67 and Y-111 matches, which are important for genealogy reasons.

For example, in the case of my father, he has no Y-111 matches, but has 52 matches on Y-67. From these 52 matches only 7 are from the Balkans. An Y-37 test would have not shown these mostly non-Balkan Y-67 matches and, more importantly, their genetic distance.

Another example, Dusan Barac and Mladen Barac are both Y-12 matches ("exact match") for my father. On Y-25 Dusan Barac has a genetic distance of 1 step and Mladen Barac of 2 steps. On Y-37 only Dusan Barac is a match with a genetic distance of 4 steps. And finally on Y-67 Dusan Barac has a distance of 5 steps and you (Gary Barach) a distance of 7 steps, although you both have the same haplogroup (I-Y50461). If we had ordered only the Y-37 test for my father, you would have not appeared as a Y-DNA match, because according to FTDNA you are not a Y-12, Y-25 or Y-37 match with my father, only a Y-67 match. So, the Y-111 test does bring some new information about Y-DNA matches, at least for some people. But maybe the Y-111 test did not bring much new information compared to an Y-37 test for Mladen Barac, I don't know.

Of course, the best value for the money would be an Y-67 test, which was available some years ago, but was discontinued by FTDNA, who now offers only Y-37 and Y-111 tests.

Gary.b:
My intention of doing a Y-700 on Mladen is only to upload the VCF to Y-full for now. Y-700 was ordered yesterday, Aug 11 2021, his haplogroup was I-22045.

abmunteanu:
Very good decision, because by downloading the VCF file with the results of the Big Y test you don't have to pay the 100 dollars that FTDNA requests for downloading the Big Y DNA raw data in BAM format. I have waited for FTDNA to have a sale on the price of downloading the BAM file, but it's useless, they don't intend to do it. It will be interesting to see what information can YFull extract from Mladen Barac's VCF file compared with the BAM files submitted by the others who have a haplogroup derived from I-FGC22045.

Gary.b:
Mladen VCF has been uploaded to YFULL, Ill give you the ID number when I pay.
Gary.b

Навигација

[0] Индекс порука

[#] Следећа страна

[*] Претходна страна

Иди на пуну верзију