Дискусије на страним језицима > English language subforum

Barac in Podlapaca / Svrackoro Selo parish area 1900-1939

<< < (2/7) > >>

Gary.b:
Just submitted request to join the Serbian group on FTDNA.
"I assume your ancestor are Krajina Serbs and you are after info on Barać from Podlapača/Svraćkovo Selo? Have done any Y-DNA testing?"
My actual ancestry I'm unsure of because some of the naturalization papers say Yugoslavia, Hungary, Croatian or Serbian and members of this forum have noted a tribe in Montenegro.

Aca:

--- Цитат: Gary.b  Јануар 12, 2020, 07:08:54 поподне ---Just submitted request to join the Serbian group on FTDNA.
"I assume your ancestor are Krajina Serbs and you are after info on Barać from Podlapača/Svraćkovo Selo? Have done any Y-DNA testing?"
My actual ancestry I'm unsure of because some of the naturalization papers say Yugoslavia, Hungary, Croatian or Serbian and members of this forum have noted a tribe in Montenegro.

--- Крај цитата ---
The village were your ancestors stem from is an ethnic Serb village in what is now days Croatia. Back in the day when your ancestor emigrated to US the area was part of Austro-Hungarian Empire. As most of the immigrants were iliterate the authorities at Ellis Island provided helped filling the immigration forms. As one of the form fields was a “Country of Origin” the authorites assumed this also implies their ethnicity, hence the confusion. That is a reason why a lot of Serbian immigrants to US have Austria, Hungary or Croatia as their home countries or ethnicities. Also Drobnjak clan of Montenegro produced many prominent Serbian historical figures and is an integral part of Serbian nation.

Gary.b:
Thank you ACA, I know there are 1857-1858 census for the area, on Family Search (Mormon) website. Ther where a couple of members transcribed a few entries but still uncertain who and where my ancestries lived at the time. In the 1900-1939 census my family lived in Svračkovo Selo 36/138. Wished I knew where those houses where located. Also thank you Uzi, probably would not join the Serbian group.

Gary.b:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-L99C-LBRP?i=5&wc=MC59-VTG%3A391644701%2C391662201%2C391646602&cc=2040054

Uzi:

--- Цитат: Gary.b  Јануар 14, 2020, 02:21:11 пре подне ---Thank you ACA, I know there are 1857-1858 census for the area, on Family Search (Mormon) website. Ther where a couple of members transcribed a few entries but still uncertain who and where my ancestries lived at the time. In the 1900-1939 census my family lived in Svračkovo Selo 36/138. Wished I knew where those houses where located. Also thank you Uzi, probably would not join the Serbian group.

--- Крај цитата ---

Not a problem Gary.

Thanks for joining the Serbian DNA group on FTDNA.

Навигација

[0] Индекс порука

[#] Следећа страна

[*] Претходна страна

Иди на пуну верзију