Дискусије на страним језицима > English language subforum

English only speaking Serbian American here - question please

(1/3) > >>

Michelle Batalo Mills:
Thank you for allowing me to join this message board.  I am very eager to learn more about the area my ancestors were from, more about their relationships and more about serbians in general.
I use google translate to read the boards.  Do I need to type in English and then translate to Cyrillic in order to post?  Thank you.  Michelle

Amicus:
Dear Michelle, welcome to our Forum! :)

I suggest you to write in English, or both, in translation and English, so we could be sure what are you searching for. ;)

The main question that we were researching was to find Church records for Mrzlo Polje, which belonged to Parish of Močila (according to Shematism of Serbian Metropolitanate of Karlovci from 1905, which was published in 1910).

I tried to find these records on FamilySearch.org, but without results (there isn't parish of Močila on the list). Maybe the both, Mrzlo Polje and Močila were part of some other parish in the 19th century, but that could know someone of members that know better this region.

Uzi:
For parohija Močila, which Mrzlo Polje was part of, I can only find record from 1900 onward.

Michelle Batalo Mills:

--- Цитат: Uzi  Март 25, 2020, 01:25:17 пре подне ---For parohija Močila, which Mrzlo Polje was part of, I can only find record from 1900 onward.

--- Крај цитата ---

Thank you.  Are they all hand written entries? 

Amicus:

--- Цитат: Michelle Batalo Mills  Април 01, 2020, 03:33:49 пре подне ---Thank you.  Are they all hand written entries?

--- Крај цитата ---

They are probably transcribed for state services, but for that format of "research" you need to go to the state register office. If you are a direct descent of people you are searching for, they will give you all the information that they have. For online research, I think the only way is reading the original records.

Навигација

[0] Индекс порука

[#] Следећа страна

Иди на пуну верзију